Homeschooling an Only Child: When Just One is Just Right
Only about seven percent of homeschool families have an only child.
But you are not alone! There are thousands of parents with just one child who have made the choice to educate at home.
Homeschooling is a great educational option for only children! And despite the concerns about the lonely only and unsocialized homeschoolers, your only child can thrive as a student and as a person when taught at home.
This digital guide covers the areas you are wondering about.
- Will homeschooling my only child make him socially awkward, selfish, or mal-adjusted?
- How will my only child make friends if he doesn't go to school?
- How do I answer the critics of our choice to have only one child and to homeschool her?
- Why do I feel like the other homeschool moms disapprove of me?
- What can I do when my only child is lonely or bored?
- How can I make sure the stereotypes about only children don't come true?
- How do I handle the moms who think my life is easy because I have just one?
There are advantages to homeschooling an only. This digital resource outlines those benefits and gives you confidence about your decision to educate your singleton at home.
Homeschooling an Only Child addresses the pitfalls, too. It includes tips for making socialization a priority and for counteracting selfishness in your child. It addresses the matter of feeling guilty about your choice to have only one or the longing to have another.
Throughout the book are quotes from other moms who homeschool an only at home. And even more insightful are the quotations from the only children themselves. You will relate to their perspectives and be reassured that a child can learn at home without siblings and still grow up to be an emotionally healthy individual.
About the Guide
Homeschooling an Only Child: When Just One is Just Right is a digital guide in PDF format. This means you can read it on any device that can read PDFs: Kindle, iPad, laptop computer, desktop computer, etc.
Immediately after your secure purchase via ejunkie, you will receive a link where you can download and save the PDF to your device.